Locating the Heisenberg/von Neumann "Cut" (the Schnitt)
- Von Neumann's Psycho-Physical Parallelism Chain
- Information Can Only Be Recorded If Compensating Entropy Is Transferred Away
- If entropy cannot be carried away, the information is lost.
- When the photon irreversibly blackens a spot on the photographic plate,
this is the "cut." Information becomes available for observation at a later time.
- The "cut" is also the transition from the quantum world to the "adequately"
classical world that decoherence theorists (Zeh, Zurek) are looking for.